shrIchakrA bAhya varivasyA can be performed in five ways:
1. Starting with the Ayudhas of kAmeshvara mithuna till the bindu
2. Starting with vashinyAdi vAgdevatas till the bindu
3. Starting with chaturdashAra till the bindu
4. Starting with bhUgR^iha till the bindu
5. Worship of bhUgR^iha, aShTadala and navayoni chakras
Except for the fourth kind, other types of brief worship are permitted only during emergency, when performing a complete navAvaraNa is not possible. It is said:
ashaktAnAm tu vistAre tathA.a.apatsu cha shasyate |
anyathA.anarthakAri syAt sa~nkochArchanamIshvari ||
While describing brief worship, j~nAnArNava lists the following three types:
chakram samarchayeddevi sakalam niyatavrataH |
bAhyamadhyagataM vApi madhyam vA chakramarchayet ||
1. One should always try to worship all the nine AvaraNas everyday.
2. If that is not possible, one should worship six AvaraNas starting from chaturdashAra
3. If even that is not possible, one should worship three AvaraNas starting with aShTara till bindu
shivAnandanAtha is of the opinion that a mode of saMkShepArchana can be to worship only mahAkAmeshvarI, mahAvajreshvarI, mahAbhagamAlinI and mahAtripurasundarI which is refuted by the incomparable bhAskararAya and also by pUrvAchAryas like the author of manoramA.